Sunday, August 15, 2010


I'm a massive sucker for Chanel nail polish and it all started with the now legendary Vamp (aka Rouge Noir). The above pic is from the Luc Besson's movie "The Fifth Element"; it depicts Zorg's (the baddie) secretary doing her nails as she was answering phone calls. She was using a futuristic Chanel nailpolish gadget where by she'd slide in her fingernail and voila! It comes out perfectly manicured with a different colour.

But what frustrates me about them are the massive chipping issues that I face whenever I use them on myself. I'd be lucky if the polish stays chip-free for 3 days. So as much as I look forward for Chanel to release such an awesome gadget, I also would love for Chanel to fix their nail polish formulation! I read that Chanel has recruited Tom Bachik as their celebrity manicurist, so I hope he'll improve the formulations the way Peter Phillips has reinvigorated the main cosmetics line.

Photo courtesy of: stylefuss.wordpress.com

No comments: